Please call 334.384.1141 to schedule an appointment. Alabama Retina is open Monday to Friday 9 am to 5:30 pm. If you are calling after these hours, please leave a message and someone will call you back shortly
What To Expect
Please bring the following with you on the day of your visit:
- Completed registration forms
- Your medical insurance card(s)
- A photo identification card
- A referral from your primary physician, if required by your insurance carrier
- A list of all medications and eye drops you are taking
- Any contact lens or glasses that you wear
At your visit:
- Your eyes will be dilated, the dilation lasts 4-6 hours
- Your visit may last 1 to 2.5 hours
- Please have someone with you to drive home, as your eyes will be dilated and sensitive to light
- If you receive an injection, the eye may be red, irritated, or bloodshot afterwards. This should improve after 2-3 days.
Please fill out and bring the new patient form to your appointment.